Sunday, August 8, 2010

summer namm 2010


Summer Namm was held here in Nashville and for the first time it was open to the public so I had to go. I had a great time. Got to see some cool products and attend some interesting seminars. MXL new channel strip was very nice. It was a transparent mic pre and compressor in a 1U rack space. The rep said it would cost around $500 when it was released. MXL also had some new mics they were showing off.
Rackwriter definitely caught my eye with their product. It was a rackmountable dry eraser board for your rack. This was brilliant! No more using masking tape on your rack. I have to get me a couple of these. The Yamaha Terion was pretty cool, but I couldn't see myself using for serious production, and it was a pricey. Beamz interactive music system made my jaw drop. Hand activated triggering of music samples. I was even more blown away when the rep said I could load in my own samples. Think this product would cost a $1,000 I was shocked when he said it was only $200. I vision kids having fun this but then I could see DJ's using this to trigger songs.
I'm not a guitar player but guitars is mostly what Summer NAMM is all about. The show is I would say 70% guitars. Below are some pics and videos of my visit to Summer NAMM 2010.





No comments:

Post a Comment