Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Lindell Audio new 500 series products to retail at $299!



I was browsing on Alto music’s site and came across the new 500 series from Lindell Audio and saw the price was $299. My first impression was Alto screwed up the price listing. There is no way a mic pre with a pultec style eq, FET compressor, and a pultec eq can be $299 each in a 500 series. So to confirm this wasn’t an early April Fool’s joke I emailed Lindell Audio asking if this was the correct pricing and received this reply.

Yes it’s very true, we are being very aggressive with our pricing. $299 is the price. We expect to ship in late July.

So there you have it, For well under a grand you can get three 500 series modules for the price of what you normally pay for one. So this makes me wonder. If Lindell Audio can make aggressively priced 500 series, why can’t anyone else? I often notice the price of the smaller 500 series products are not far from the rack versions of the same unit. My audio friends close to me know I have been contemplating getting a API lunchbox and some 500 series pieces for a while. With these products from Lindell Audio I am very tempted to buy all three. Products like empirical labs docderr, Chandler Little Devil Pre, and Inward Connections Brute makes me step closer to the 500 series, but the Lindell Audio 500 series makes me take a huge step.  


For more info visit http://www.lindellaudio.se/

No comments:

Post a Comment